In this lecture students will be challenged to:
1. answer the question-What is science?
2. develop a day-to-day working definition of science.
3. realize there are two scientific methods-technical and research-employed by scientists.
4.understand science process as demonstrated by the science cycle.
5. appreciate the different levels of scientific "truth."
6. comprehend the difference between pure science and applied science.
7. recognize that science cannot solve all human problems and that science is neither good nor evil.
as they investigate the true nature of science.