This science writing center kit is exactly what my literacy block needed. I am always running out of time to squeeze in a little more science and social studies, so incorporating it into my literacy block was my solution. It's working great in my room with my first grade pals!
Included in this activity kit, you will find these great writing center additions:
• Vocabulary cards (45 weather-related words)
• Vocabulary picture cards (24 weather-related words and matching REAL photos)
• A vocabulary notebook for students to record their words, definition, use the word in a sentence and draw a picture
• 18 weather-related writing prompts with writing paper
• Season Stories (students write about each season and draw a picture to go along - there are 4 of these total)
• Season Story Starter Pictures (Students choose from a small selection of seasonal clip art and cut/paste them into their story and then write about it. There are options from each of the four seasons, and there are 11 of these total.)
• Write It & Wipe It - 13 weather scenes for students to write about, plus 10 more Cloud Stories - pictures of clouds that students write about what they think they look like
• A Weather Tracking Journal (2 weeks worth)
• A Weather Forecasting sheet
There are over 58 different science-based writing center activities for students to do! Please download the preview to see examples. This does not include lesson plans - it is meant to accompany your lessons on weather. Weather concepts that are reinforced in this activity pack include the seasons, weather phenomenon, and weather tools/meteorology.
Thanks so much for looking!
Are you interested in more science-based writing center activities? Check out my Animal Writing Center Activities