Looking for quick and easy-to-implement ways to keep your students engaged during the last days of school? Try Scattergories!
Swap out any or all of the 48 different topics to modify this game to meet your beginning-, middle-, or end-of-the-year needs in Science, Social Studies, English, Math, World Language, or other subject areas. This game is also great for vocabulary review!
This editable Science (and other subjects) Scattergories End of Year Game by Hoop There It Is includes the following items to edit, print, and copy for your students:
- Science Scattergories Game Instructions (pg. 2)
- Science Scattergories Category Cards (pg. 3-4, print front and back)
- Science Scattergories Student Answer Sheets (pg. 5-6, print front and back)
- Scattergories (any subject) Game Instructions (pg. 7)
- Scattergories (any subject) Category Cards (pg. 8-9, print front and back)
- Scattergories (any subject) Student Answer Sheets (pg. 10-11, print front and back)
Lists A and B are subject-specific, list C is school- and teacher-specific, and list D is summer-themed. Read through and change categories before printing!
Borrow dice and timers from the Scattergories game or have students use a letter dice site (such as http://letterdice.iphonemarks.com/) or a Scattergories app (there's an app for that) to play.
This game is sure to get your students thinking, communicating, and remembering during the last days of school.
With each list requiring 3 minutes of brainstorming plus share-out time, two full games (four lists each) should take a full 40- or 50-minute class period.
Pair this with other games and activities available in my store and host a "Family Board Game Night" with your classes.