The fifth chapter in the student-friendly series on The Science of Ancient Egypt
. In addition to simple machines such as pulleys, inclined planes, and levers, this chapter covers the following topics:
- The use of wheels in Egypt
- The Egyptian bow drill and friction
- The ships of Egypt
- Gold and silver and the pan balance
- Water Clocks
- Sun dials and the rotation of the Earth
As with all chapters in this informative series, this one is highly illustrated and blends photographs and modern images with actual images from Ancient Egypt itself.
- Includes glossary that lists important vocabulary words for easy reference.
- highlighted vocabulary words in text
- General reading range for grades 4-6
- A separate puzzle and worksheet packet available
- Contains a graphic organizer chart for study and review
This resource also includes a 10 question multiple choice quiz and a Who-am-I worksheet. Answer keys included.
Other Chapters in this Series
Chapter One The Nile River
Chapter Two Kilns and Metals
Chapter Three Astronomy
Chapter Four The Animals of Egypt
Chapter Six The Pyramids
Chapter Seven The Mummy
If you’d like to check out a free sample from Chapter One: The Nile River, click below:
Free Sample of Chapter One: The Nile River
Copyright © DrDavesScience. All rights reserved by author, including copyrighted images. This product is strictly for individual use, so please do not copy for other teachers and the file itself may not be forwarded to other individuals unless you are buying multiple copies (at a 50% discount!). Please do not violate copyright laws that are designed to help teachers and instead direct others to this online store at TPT. Thank you for respecting the process. DrDavesScience offers a visual, professional, and hands-on approach to its teaching materials.