Products in this Bundle (2)
Science of Reading Based Sight Word instruction that makes sense!
Why are we teaching sight words in isolation? Wouldn’t it make sense to teach these sight words in conjunction with your phonics instruction? Planning it out may feel overwhelming, but I planned out a sight word scope and sequence for kindergarten and first grade!
Science of Reading Based Kindergarten and First Grade Sight Words
First of all, these controlled texts are loaded to Seesaw! WOOT! All you have to do is click a link in Seesaw and the text is loaded into your Seesaw library!
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A TEACHER-LED ACTIVITY. THE SCOPE AND SEQUENCE ARE ALIGNED TO OUR ENGAGING READERS PHONICS SCOPE AND SEQUENCE:
Here is what you will find in this sight word unit:
- Sight word books for each week in a printable PDF and Google Classroom ready PowerPoint file! (34 for kindergarten, 34 for first grade)
- Daily Review Powerpoint (editable) set of slides that will review previously taught sounds, blending, and sight words. (180 kindergarten and 180 first grade slides)
- Both kindergarten sight words and first-grade sight words are in the same file. This will give you the ability to differentiate your instruction with ease!
- Charts for your sound wall are included, plus helpful charts to guide you through the marking of words, sentences, and syllables.
- Scope and sequence for the whole year.
- Sound Wall Cards (editable)
- Flashcards for kindergarten (editable)
- Flashcard for first grade (editable)
- Assessments (also added to ESGI- GET A 2 MONTH FREE TRIAL NOW!)
Download the preview to see the words.