Science of Reading aligned 42 Hollow Letters for Learning Letter Formation
- Easel Activity
Also included in
- Check out this AMAZING Phonics BUNDLE created by a Jolly Phonics Trainer and co-author of the Jolly Songsthat aligns with the Science of Reading! Included: letters and sounds charts, phonics activities, games & manipulatives, handwriting practice, phoneme blending, segmentation activities, and mPrice $38.80Original Price $48.50Save $9.70
Are you looking for kindergarten printing practice activities that align with the Science of Reading? ⚡️ Check out these Hollow Letters! Create your own letters with play-dough, trace inside the lines, make rainbow letters, add glitter and glue. Use the phonics activities to review letters and sounds.
✨ Hollow Letters (PRINT Letters)
Click here to check out Hollow Letters (SASSOON Font)
Note: I provide Sassoon Font as an option because it is used in many European countries. It is a pre-cursive font.)
⚡️ 36 pages
Kindergarten, 1st Grade, ESL
42 sounds presented in the same order as programs like Jolly Phonics. One spelling per sound! Letters and sounds aligns with the Science of Reading! BONUS! Upper case letters are included!
Check out how versatile this phonics resource is!
✅ Writing Center - phonics printing practice activities
· Make “Rainbow Letters” by drawing the letter(s) inside the hollow letter… one letter in red, one in blue, one in green, etc.
· Ask the child to draw items, which use the sound, around the rainbow letter.
· Add glitter and sticky gems to the hollow letters.
✅ Play-dough Centre - phonics printing practice activities
· create the letter(s) that make the sound
· review phonics sounds that have been taught
· connect the sound with the letter(s) that represent the sound
· make objects that have that sound
✅ Reading Centre
· “read the sound”
· put the letters in a sequence to spell a word
· look for that sound in a book
· color the letter and draw objects that have that sound
· talk with parents/caregiver about phonics
⚡️ SAVE $$ Get the Phonics for Kids BUNDLE!- Print Letters
Hollow Letters are great for:
· Independent Work
· Whole-Class Activities – introduce, teach, review, consolidate
· Literacy Center Activities
· Writing Center Activities
✨ Hear what other teachers are saying:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This has been a great help to my kindergarten students who need more structured and visual help in making their letters correctly - especially those little boys with weak fine motor control! -Sue B
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This is such an amazing well thought out product! You can really tell that a lot of time and effort went in to creating this resource! Amazing!! - Carolyn Z.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Perfect resource to help children practice letter formation. After printing this resource out I enlarged the pages and created small books to be used in small group instruction. - Lisa M.
Who will find it helpful?
· Teachers using reading programs like Jolly Phonics
· Reading Specialists
· Special Education Teachers
· EFL, ESL, ELD, ELL
· Classroom Teachers
⚡️ You might like one of these Products:
• Visual Discrimination Task Cards
• Same and Different: Sort and Classify Birds
• Rhyming Activities: Peg It Cards and CVC Charts
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward ❤️ FREE TPT purchases. I love reading and responding to feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours after posting. It pays to ❤️ follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,
Laurie Fyke @ Primarily Learning
Teach – Play – Learn
❤️ Visit my store to find more early literacy resources!
Copyright © Primarily Learning
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Please Note: These products were created as supplemental resources to complement teaching synthetic phonics programs like Jolly Phonics. These products were independently created and are not officially endorsed, sponsored, or affiliated with Jolly Learning Ltd.