Also included in
- These DIFFERENTIATED reading passages will help your students view themselves as scientists and improve reading comprehension as they learn about a series of teens who overcame diversity to improve the world around them. The articles and comprehension questions cover key vocabulary, reading skills,$27.20$34.00Save $6.80
Students will be able to view themselves as scientists see science as a real part of the world after studying examples of teens from diverse backgrounds, who overcame obstacles and used growth mindest and science to improve the world around them.
This DIFFERENTIATED reading passage will help your students view themselves as scientists and improve reading comprehension as they learn about a teen who learned coding and created an app to detect and stop online bullying.
- This reading set includes a two page article on the person listed and their work, as well as reading comprehension and reflection questions. Trisha Prabhu is an 18 year old who created the ReThink app to detect and stop online bullying.
- The article is provided at two reading levels (approximately 10th grade and approximately 7th grade). Also included are two differentiated sets of response questions, as well as an answer key.
- This article can be used as sub plans, as a way to integrate growth mindset and literacy into class on a regular basis, as a station, as a means of engaging students in science and helping them to see themselves as scientists.
All pictures, graphics, and artwork in our lessons are either purchased legally for use or are created by Science in the City**
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases.
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page.