Also included in
- These DIFFERENTIATED reading passages will help your students view themselves as scientists and improve reading comprehension as they learn about a series of teens who overcame diversity to improve the world around them. The articles and comprehension questions cover key vocabulary, reading skills,$27.20$34.00Save $6.80
Students will view themselves as scientists, science as a critical part of their world, and improve reading comprehension by studying diverse teens who overcame obstacles and used growth mindest and science to improve the world around them.
This DIFFERENTIATED reading passage will help your students view themselves as scientists and improve reading comprehension as they learn about two teens who discovered a way to break down harmful chemicals in plastics to create usable chemicals and reduce waste. This reading describes their inspiration, research process, and ultimately the creation of a viable business pilot program.
- This reading set includes a two-page article on the person listed and their work, as well as reading comprehension and reflection questions. Miranda Wang and Jeanny Yao began their work in high school by discovering a bacteria that could break down phthalates. They went on to study and refine this process through chemistry, to ultimately create a pilot program to deal with plastic waste in San Jose, CA.
- The article is provided at two reading levels (approximately 10th grade and approximately 7th grade). Also included are two differentiated sets of response questions, as well as an answer key.
- This article can be used as sub plans, as a way to integrate growth mindset and literacy into class on a regular basis, as a station, as a means of engaging students in science and helping them to see themselves as scientists.
All pictures, graphics, and artwork in our lessons are either purchased legally for use or are created by Science in the City**
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases.
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page.