These DIFFERENTIATED reading passages will help your students view themselves as scientists and improve reading comprehension as they learn about a series of teens who overcame diversity to improve the world around them. The articles and comprehension questions cover key vocabulary, reading skills, and the struggles they overcame during his process and can be used as sub plans, stations, a mini-unit, or as a weekly or monthly theme throughout the year.
- This reading set includes a two page article on each person listed and their work, as well as reading comprehension and reflection questions.
- Each article is provided at two reading levels (approximately 10th grade and approximately 7th grade). Also included are two differentiated sets of response questions, as well as an answer key.
- These articles can be used as sub plans, as a way to integrate growth mindset and literacy into class on a regular basis, as a station, as a means of engaging students in science and helping them to see themselves as scientists.
- This set include at least 10 articles. It WILL include a reading on growth mindset, and a summary reflection piece (before 12/2019). They are enough articles to use one each month of the school year!
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases.
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page.