If you’re teaching the scientific method or a unit on scientific inquiry check out this incredible bundle of resources! This has student notes and homework with solutions and lab report templates.
You can get everything in this unit plus Scientific Method Task Cards and Scientific Inquiry Graphic Organizers HERE
I’ve always had great success explicitly teaching
my students how to do each part of the scientific method. This is NOT a brief overview of the scientific method; this resource is in-depth and will take at least a week of class time. You can make this a longer unit by pairing it with a great inquiry experiment like borax bouncy balls or gyrocopters. The time investment at the start of the year makes experiments take less time throughout the rest of the course. I have included my 12-day pacing guide for this unit based on the borax bouncy ball experiment.
What’s included in the zipped folder?
• Student notes and homework in PDF and EDITABLE .docx formats! (20 pages)
• Solutions to student notes in PDF and EDITABLE .docx formats! (22 pages)
• A Lab Report Template in PDF and .docx document that you can share with your students to use on their own lab reports! (2 pages)
• a RERUN conclusion template in PDF format and editable PowerPoint file. (1 page)
Check out the Preview
above for a closer look!
Scientific Method Student Notes and Homework with Full Solutions
This covers the following topics:
• The Scientific Method
• 3 Types of Variables: Independent, Dependent and Controlled
• Writing a Testable Question
• Writing a Scientific Hypothesis
• Writing an Experimental Design
• Writing a Procedure
• Creating a Materials List
• Observation Tables
• Writing a Conclusion (RERUN format)
• Lab Report Format with Tips
Full solutions are included for the notes. I’ve included the components of focused instruction in the notes so students will have modelled examples, guided practice and independent practice. There is opportunities for group work and ideas for a bulletin board included. This is completely editable. I like to work through the notes with my students on my document camera and give them time to practice with their groups and individually.
Lab Report Templates for Students
It is so much easier to mark lab reports if they actually LOOK like lab reports. Give your students a head start with these editable templates that they can use to write their conclusions and lab reports. You’ll get:
• A Lab Report template made in Microsoft Word with the titles of each section and tips for your students. Includes an editable .docx file and a PDF file
• A RERUN Conclusion template your students can use to write their scientific conclusions. Includes an editable PowerPoint file and a PDF file.
Check out the Scientific Method Bundle to get this plus Scientific Method Task Cards and Scientific Inquiry Graphic Organizers
Mrs. Brosseau’s Binder
More Chemistry Resources
More Physics Resources
More Biology Resources
More Science Resources
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺