Also included in
- Need some ideas for fun Biology labs, experiments, and activities? Never taught a high school Biology course and don't know where to start? These fun and easy labs are the perfect solution! Topics covered include: characteristics of living things, scientific method, properties of water, enzymes,$37.60$47.00Save $9.40
Let your high school or middle school science class solve the crime while they practice applying the scientific method! Lab instructions, student and teacher worksheets, and materials lists for the activity are included.
"It was a dark and dreadful night when we discovered the disappearance of the priceless Lighthouse Diamond. We all thought it was safe and sound in our super secure vault in the basement of the “You Gotta Have It- Jewelry Store.” But alas, the only thing we found was a note and a bag of white powder left in the vault. The thief left them there to tease and taunt us…how humiliating this has been! We have called you in because we need your professional help in solving this mystery."
Wish there was a way to teach the scientific method that was fun and interactive? There is! Let your class solve the crime of The Missing Lighthouse Diamond while they practice applying the scientific method!
Please note: This lab is also part of my Year of Biology Labs- BIG BUNDLE and Scientific Method Bundle- Powerpoint, Notes, Homework, Activities, & Test.
This is a laboratory procedure in which students investigate and analyze 6 white known powders, then use the same experimental procedures to identify the "unknown powder" that was left at the scene of the crime. This is a tested and well-loved laboratory by both teachers and students!
Items included in this comprehensive package:
1. A teacher planning guide with materials list, set-up instructions and answer keys
2. Station signs for each experiment
3. Student lab procedure explanation sheet
4. Student lab packet for recording work including data tables
5. A suspect list to help students find the thief
Designed and implemented by Anne Morgan, Biology teacher and Homeschool Co-op Educator
*All of my products have been tried and tested in my own classroom. I would never sell something that didn't already work for me!*