This bundle on the scientific method includes a PowerPoint with guided notes, two practice sheets 2-3 pages long to help organize the information and think critically. Also included is a worksheet with a hypothetical lab design as well as an actual lab that uses petri dishes and food to test the 5 second rule!
These can be used as in class activities, homework, or study guides-however you see fit.
More information about each below:
1) Scientific Method PowerPoint includes 26 slides plus guided student notes. Both are completely editable.
2) * Applying the Scientific Method- 3 page worksheet in which students do a variety of activities, from definitions to determining why an experiment won't work.
3) * Design an Experiment- students read background information on a diminishing salamander population and design an experiment to determine if acid rain could be the culprit.
4) * Examining Variables- students are given 8 different scenarios (experiments) to read about. For each one they must determine the control group, the independent variable, and the dependent variable.
5) Design an Experiment - the 5-second rule; students explore the 5-second rule by using Petri dishes and making their very own procedure!
* Available in digital format on Google Slides (link included in download).
You may also be interested in:
☆☆Follow me on☆☆
Vanessa Jason Biology Roots
For single classroom only; not to be shared publicly (do not create publicly accessible links).
Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or district is prohibited. Failure to comply is a violation of the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act).