This activity has been tested in grades 8-10.
1. Correctly identify the steps in the scientific method using key words.
2. Analyze and sequence the steps into the stages of an experiment.
1. Students highlight (or underline) key wordskey words.
2. Students cut out puzzle pieces.
3. Students sequencing into before, during and after an experiment.
4. Students paste the steps of the experiment into their notebooks, or onto a colored piece of paper for posting on the bulletin board.
Extension: Identify the question and discuss the independent variable.
If you teach osmosis have the class do this experiment. Do they get the same results? Explain.