This scientific method lab activity provides great scientific method examples in everyday life! Students start out with a literacy read that introduces a real-world scenario using the Scientific Method. Students will practice with a teacher-guided lesson on the Scientific Method, followed by a "Surface for Survival Lab" where students can master the steps of the scientific method as they follow the detailed lab sheet.
This lab station is great for distance, or in-class delivery. For students completing the lab at home and who do not have the supplies to do the "Surface for Survival Lab", we have provided a video simulating the lab, allowing students to collect the data from the video.
Pulling off fun science experiments for students can be an exhausting task, but this lab station will have your students wanting to come back for more. Also included is an answer key. This is truly a teacher's best friend!
- Literacy Read showing the Scientific Method in a real-world scenario.
- Lab report pages with a detailed explanation of the task.
- Scientific method lab report worksheets with answer keys.
- Easy differentiation: a demonstration video of bubbles landing on different surfaces is included. This can be used in class as a method of differentiation for the visual learner, ELL students or students with special needs. It can also be used at home for students who participate in distance learning or homeschooling.
- Scientific Method Worksheets, Digital, Distance Learning (grades 6-8) - perfect for the distance learning student. Comes embedded with audio clips of the material on each slide, virtual lab simulations, reflection prompts throughout the lesson, Mastery Checkpoint quiz, and an extension activity or an intervention review to make differentiation a snap.
- Scientific Method Worksheets, Digital AND Print, Distance Learning (grades 6-8) -- the best of both worlds. This resource has everything the digital interactive notebook has, plus it includes printable interactive notebook pages and in-class lab stations. This is for the teacher who needs BOTH distant learning resources AND in-class resources.
- Scientific Method Notes (grades 6-8) tailored to the struggling, medium, and high-level learner. Completely student-driven and NO PREP for the teachers. Each slide is embedded with an audio clip of the material on the slide.
♥︎ We appreciate YOU! ♥︎
All of our resources are 50% off the first 24 hours after they are published. Click here to follow us, so you can be notified when new resources are released.