Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
30.2 MB | 100+ pages
Teaching STEM is all the rage, but most curriculums still require students to learn about the Scientific Method! If you are needing to teach and assess your students using the Scientific Method, then you have hit the mother load!
Download the free preview to see some of the files.
If you don't have smartnotebook, do not despair! Got to www.express.smarttech.com and download interactive viewer for free!
What is included?
1. Investigation Stations (or Family Science Night)
• Start your Scientific Method off without all the vocabulary and journaling that takes away the FUN of experimenting!
• Includes 5 investigation station ideas with signs, question stem poster, and pictures of the investigation in action.
2. Introduction to the Scientific Method smartboard lesson.
• Students can follow along and take notes with the note taking PDF file
• While discussing the Materials, you can talk to students about using Metric Measurements. Use the Metric matching PDF activity.
3. How to set up the Science Fair Board smartboard lesson
• Includes mini board project PDF
• Contains a picture of the finished product
4. Cut and Paste matching activity of the Scientific Method
5. Scientific Method Labs- Science Experiments
• Includes 8 labs with journal pages that take students through the Scientific Method
• Includes teacher directions, background information, and helpful hints
6. Scientific Method Class Project and Completed Example
• Includes all the information needed to complete a class project to teach students what is required for their own project at home. We did a project about melting chocolate chips in your bare hands or gloved hands.
• Includes the “answer key” for the journal
• Includes pictures of anchor charts and the finished project board
7. Scientific Method Project Journal and Rubric
• Step by step journal for students to complete a science project
• Includes letter to parents
• Includes a rubric to grade each section
8. Scientific Method Presentations Form
• Note taking page for students to fill out while classmates are presenting
• Presenter can ask one question at the end and call on one student to answer. If the answer is right, the student gets a treat. If they are wrong, the presenter gets a treat. This encourages students to listen carefully to the presenters. I spread the presentations out over a few days or else my kiddos get restless.
9. Scientific Method Test
• Assess students learning of the Scientific Method
10. Famous Scientist Wanted Poster
• Students research a famous scientist using the Internet or Biographies and make a Wanted Poster describing the scientist’s accomplishments.
11. Famous Scientist Non-fiction Book
• Students research 7 famous scientists and take notes on a graphic organizer.
• Use the notes to create a nonfiction book with pictures and captions.
• Included: note taking sheet, final copy book, rubric
• student sample