n this activity, students will follow the steps of the scientific method to discover how many candies are in one pack of Smarties. They will also discover how many candies of each color there are in the pack. This activity will show them how scientists record data on charts, make graphs and draw conclusions. It will also give them a sample of the methods used in writing a final lab report.
1. Name and describe the steps of the scientific method.
2. Follow the steps of the scientific method to solve a problem.
3. Record data in a table or chart.
4. Construct a graph that shows the results of the experiment.
5. Create a report of the findings.