Scientific Method Stations: An Activity for Hypotheses, Variables, and More!
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This package contains all of the scientific method resources in my store. Topics covered include the steps of the scientific method, variables, hypotheses, observations, inferences, data analysis, scientific questions, conclusions, and more. A variety of activities, interactive notebook pages, worksPrice $125.00Original Price $192.25Save $67.25
These middle school scientific method stations can be used in a variety of ways. They can allow students to practice hypothesis writing, variable identification, procedure writing, and more. The stations give students an opportunity to practice the scientific method in a fun way while allowing teachers to provide extra assistance to ELL and SPED students if needed.
This resource includes the following pieces:
- 20 Stations Cards
- Directions and ideas for how to use this resource to practice different concepts
- Individual Student Station Sheets (for modification purposes, absent students, or misbehaving students)
- Blank Stations (for teachers and/or students to make their own station cards)
- An Answer Key identifying independent variables, dependent variables, and example hypotheses
Whenever students get up and move around the room they are more motivated, work harder, and can focus more on the material (especially during long block classes). Middle school students love stations. Stations are a great alternative to worksheets while still accomplishing student practice with content.
Please look at the PREVIEW for detailed information about these stations in your classroom.
Get ALL of my Scientific Method Resources (including this one) in my Scientific Method HUGE Bundle!
You might also be interested in these related resources:
- Scientific Method Interactive Notebook Pages Bundle
- Steps of the Scientific Method Activity with Selfies
- Hypotheses and Variables Worksheet Bundle
What teachers are saying about this resource:
“I've used this for two years now. I love this lab. This truly helps the students grasp the idea of the variables and gives them a lot of practice in a really short amount of time. Students also have to get up and move which keeps them more interested in what is going on.”
“It was easy prep and a great way to review hypothesis, independent and dependent variables.”
“I’m blown away by how many different ways I can use this throughout the year.”
“The class discussion was phenomenal.”
“One of my favorite activities for beginning the year.”
“Fabulous for my 6th graders who are new to the Scientific Method, and a great review for my 8th graders.”
Take a look at the many other Scientific Method Resources in my store.
***Look for the green star near the top of any page in my store and click it to become a follower. As a follower of my store you will be notified when I upload a new resource.