Also included in
- Start the beginning of the year out right with student-led station labs that cover lab safety, measurement, scientific method, graphing, and the engineering design process. Each of the five labs will take 1-2 class periods to complete, and are entirely student-led. Show your students up front how t$20.00$25.00Save $5.00
- This is the ultimate lesson plan bundle for science teachers. The lesson plans are designed to take the focus off of lesson preparation and put it back into teaching. *** Top Middle School Science Curriculum All-Time on TpT ***All lessons are aligned to middle school NGSS and TEKS standards. You c$873.90$971.00Save $97.10
- Student Led Science Labs - These comprehensive science labs will save you a TON of prep time and allow students to learn the concepts on their own. The Lab Bundle is a series of plug and play station labs designed to accompany my FREE Kesler Science Station Lab Series. Download the start-up guide$463.50$515.00Save $51.50
The Scientific Method Station Lab takes students through eight student-led science stations, each with a different learning style. Students begin with four input activities where they read articles, explore hands-on demos, research online, and watch videos all about scientific method. They then complete four output activities where they illustrate important concepts, write about what they’ve learned, organize information about the scientific method, and complete an assessment.
It’s easy to differentiate this scientific method lesson plan by using the included modified reading passage and removing individual stations.
By the end of this scientific method activity, students will learn each of the different pieces of the scientific method including observations, problem, hypothesis, experiment, analyzing data, and conclusion. They will also learn about independent, dependent, and controlled variables. The distance learning version includes a Google Form answer sheet.
Distance Learning - Includes new Station Lab version 2.0
- The station labs now include files for your remote learning environments such as Google Classroom, MS Teams, Schoology, and Canvas.
- NEW! - Version 2.0 allows students to respond directly in the document (PPT that can be uploaded to any LMS)
- Version 2.0 station labs allow students to manipulate all of the stations without the need for any supplies.
- Version 1 allows students to use an online answer sheet (using Google Forms) for every Station Lab.
- Distance learning directions PPT and video tutorial
- PDF of each on-level Station Lab without the answer key (can be sent to students)
- PDF of each modified-reading Station Lab without the answer key (can be sent to students)
- PDF of each Student Answer Sheet, rotated vertically, for those who cannot access Google Forms
- The FREE Kesler Science Station Lab Start-Up Guide is available to help you learn more about how to use this lab safety activity in the classroom.
The paper and digital versions of the station labs will vary some. You are given many options to meet the needs of your students whether they are in the class or working remotely.
The input stations are activities that introduce students to the concept of scientific method in a low-stakes environment.
Explore It! – At this station, students will get to explore the scientific method with hands-on learning. This station is meant to introduce phenomena related to the scientific method. This station will require 3 bananas (1 – yellow, 1 – semi-brown, 1 – really brown) and plastic bags.
Research It! – This station allows the student to get online and research the scientific method with an online activity.
Watch It! – At the watch it station, students will watch a video about the scientific method and answer questions about it.
Read It! – The read it station is set up to allow students to gain information from a traditional reading passage. The reading is a one-page article about the scientific method with reading comprehension questions. There is a modified version of the article included to differentiate for below-level readers.
The output stations allow you to assess early student comprehension and monitor for misconceptions.
Illustrate It! – This station allows students to connect their learning with a sketch or illustration about the scientific method. This station is not only for creative students! I’ve seen many students benefit from drawing and making visual connections.
Write It! – This station will challenge the student to write responses to open-ended questions. This provides the students the opportunity to reflect on the information they’ve learned.
Organize It! – This hands-on station allows students to work with an included printable manipulative in order to show mastery of the concepts.
Assess It! – This station is a set of traditional multiple-choice questions and answers. This station provides yet another opportunity to prove mastery.
This scientific method lesson includes all the station signage, any necessary cards, and a student answer worksheet with answer key.
Copyright © Chris Kesler. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.