Scientific Method Task Cards, Think Tickets or THINKETS, are an engaging way to get your students to be critical thinkers and inquirers in the Scientific Method Studies with questions about the steps of the scientific method, observation and inference, independent and dependent variables and controls, and experimental procedure.
Most of our task cards do not contain multiple choice or short answer questions. They require students to look at a topic in depth and can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 minutes to answer depending on the teacher's expectations.
These open-ended and inquiry based questions make for a great learning tool and help to create an engaging learning environment. Students may be asked to create a Venn Diagram to compare and contrast, draw an illustration and label important parts, write a letter to a famous scientist, research a current event, or even take a stance on a controversial topic.
Print them off in full size pages or in 1/4 size cards and laminate them for multiple uses, display them on your smart board, create a menu of task cards for students to choose from, post them throughout your room as a task card scavenger hunt, there are so many ways to incorporate them in your classroom.
Thinkets can be used as:
* Centers or Stations
* Homework, Assessments
* Sponge or Warm-up
* Review before tests.
Imagine the many uses of Thinkets in your science classroom!
This product includes:
TWENTY Thinkets in 1/4 page and full page sizes that question students about how to set up an experiment, dependent vs independent variables, controlled variables, SI units, developing hypotheses, observation vs. inference, and much more!
Use these Thinkets on their own or go big and buy Our Life Science Task Card Bundle
which includes 132 Thinkets in 1/4 page and full page sizes that provide TWENTY open-ended and thought provoking questions about each of the following topics -
• Scientific Method
• Human Body
• 12 FREE Evolution cards
• Classification and Taxonomy Thinkets
Consider using this with some of our other products in our store:
- Life Science Big Bundle
- Interactive Notebook Scientific Method Observation and Inference Activity
- Interactive Notebook Decimal Slider Activity
- What is Science Cubing Activity FREE
- Scientific Method Interactive Notebook Problem Practice
Click this link to find out how this lesson fits with your NGSS, TEKS or GSE Science Classroom
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Scientific Method Think Tickets by © 2014 Getting Nerdy, LLC