Scientific Method and Halloween will provide an engaging and academic way to celebrate Halloween or the fall season in your classroom.
This product contains six (6) different experiments that follow the scientific method.
1. Frankenworms- chemical reactions, pH scale, acids and bases
2. Preserve a Pumpkin- dehydration, preservation, mold and bacteria
3. Candy Acidity- pH scale, acids and bases
4. Candy Density- density, volume, mass, sink/float, and buoyancy
5. Pumpkin Slime- Non-Newtonian fluids, polymers, solids and liquids
6. Witches Brew- miscibility, molecules, density, chemical reactions and carbon dioxide.
Each experiment comes with a student lab book, teacher directions, steps of the scientific method with suggestions for each experiment, explanations of the science behind the experiment and extension activities.
Also included, colorful vocabulary posters, materials list, and a student vocabulary booklet using the Frayer Diagram model.
You could spend the entire Halloween school day celebrating science, the scientific method and spooky experiments!