Included with "Scientific Notation Full Lesson Bundle - 8.EE.3". Recognize scientific notation can make it easier to work with very large or very small numbers. Convert back and forth between standard and scientific notation. Scaffolded lesson provides for classroom differentiation. Can be used as a lesson leader, guided practice, independent practice, for cooperative learning and math centers, or as an assessment. Use with smartboard, projector, computer, pad or as printable. Lesson is complete - NO PREP. Editable version included.
- Know scientific notation makes working with very large or very small numbers easier
- Convert from standard notation to scientific notation
- Convert from scientific notation to standard notation
- Convert decimals to scientific notation with negative exponents
- Convert from scientific notation to decimal numbers
- Convert between fractions and scientific notation
- Compare the sizes of numbers written in scientific notation
Includes 6 practice pages and answer keys.
Aligned with NCCS Math - 8.EE.3
Visit commoncoremath.net for additional help.