Scientific Notation Activity
Make using Scientific Notation fun with this code-breaker game. Students are asked to convert scientific notation format into normal numbers and to convert normal numbers into scientific notation. Ideal as a bellringer or quick review activity.
The code is random to avoid your students attempting to guess a riddle rather than 'do the math'!
Make it more engaging by offering a small reward for the first student to crack the code. This makes a great spiral review activity.
If you enjoyed this scientific notation activity, you may enjoy some of my other code breaker activities which can be found here:
- Pythagorean Code-Breaker Activity
- Adding and Subtracting Decimals Code-breaker Activity
- Quadratic Formula Code-Breaker Activity
- Multiplying 1 digit by 2 digit integers code-breaker activity
- Multiplying Decimals Code Breaker Activity
- Simplifying Radicals Activity
- Multiplying Exponents Code-breaker Activity
- Prime Factorization Game
If you would like to see an example of some of my other resources, I have some free sample versions:
- Rational (fractional) and negative exponents here: *** FREE Rational and negative exponents Bingo! game ***
- Estimating calculations by rounding to one significant figure here: *** FREE Estimating Bingo! game ***
Please leave your feedback, it is much valued - and receive your TPT credits!
Reduce future TPT purchase prices - how to get your TPT credits towards future purchases:
Go to your "My Purchases" page. For each purchase, there is a "Provide Feedback" link. Click it to be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Every time you give feedback, TPT gives you credit that you may use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
A few of my other resources you may like: