All the resources you need to create a learning station to help your students understand and master Scientific Notation.
HOW TO USE
This skills-based learning station is designed for your students to master this skill through quality instruction (reteach) and lots of practice with immediate feedback.
This station can be used for remediation when working on more complex skills in the upper grades, but the student hasn't grasped this concept - which is preventing him/her from doing the grade-level work - OR as part of regular instruction and practice.
The station comes with enough resources to run three identical stations on this skill without having to give students the exact same worksheets. This way you can differentiate OR allow students to repeat the station if they did not master the content the first time.
The tutorial can be given through video links or reteach worksheets, thus no need for constant direct instruction so the teacher is free to support all students in the room (not confined to a small group).
This resource allows you to retain the student on the skill while other students work on different skills since it can be run entirely by the student with the tracking sheet. Allows you to do vertical alignment, as students progress through the skills - or intensive remediation so that student(s) can get caught up to grade-level work.
Resources are organized and come with student tracking papers so students can keep track of where they are in their progress and can record their work for teacher monitoring. Links provided for online practice and tutorial videos. All answer sheets included so students can receive immediate feedback as they progress.
Resource Pack includes:
- 3 Reteach Worksheets
- These worksheets are designed to teach the student the skill without the need of direct instruction. Critical thinking skills and guided practice are utilized within each worksheet.
- 3 Practice Worksheets
- Each worksheet is front and back, designed to reinforce the skill by offering lots of practice.
- 4 Maze Worksheets (Extension Activity)
- A fun way to practice the skill while still getting immediate feedback. Each worksheet guides students through a maze by correctly answering the skill.
- 3 Color by Numbers Worksheets (Extension Activity)
- A fun way to practice the skill while still getting immediate feedback. Each worksheet comes as a blank grid, as students correctly solve questions they know what color to fill in each square to reveal the mystery picture.
- 3 Student Tracking Forms
- These are designed to help the student know which activity to do next as they progress through the activities to obtain mastery. One is filled out with online links, and one utilizes only the resources in this packet in case you do not have access to technology in the classroom. You can see it in the Preview video
- Pennants to Celebrate Student Success
- One is in color, the other is black and white so that students can fill out. View it in the preview video
- A document with 10 links to online tutorial videos
- These are links to tutorial videos that you can send the student to for help with their reteach, or use in the classroom as reinforcement
- 3 Quizzes
- Short, 8 question quizzes to measure whether or not your student has mastered the skill and is ready to be progressed. If they have not, they can move on to the next set of activities on the skill (provided).
To preview all resources, watch the Video Preview