This foldable covers all of the basics for scientific notation.
1. What is scientific notation? (Students will write the definiton, take notes on what a number looks like when it's written in scientific notation, then answer 6 problems which ask whether or not a number is written in scientiifc notation and if not, to rewrite it so it is).
2. Positive Powers (Students will take notes on the meaning of positive powers for numbers written in scientific notation. Then, they will answer a total of 8 problems going from scientific notation to standard notation and vice versa).
3. Negative Power (Same as Positive)
4. Adding & Subtracting (Students will take notes on the process for adding & subtracting numbers that are written in scientific notation, then answer 4 problems)
5. Multiplying & Dividing (Same as Adding/ Subtracting)
This foldable can be used as an introduction to the lesson or as a review to reinforce the concepts.
An answer key is provided.
You may also be interested in some of my foldable bundles:
The Ultimate 7th GRADE MATH Foldable & Activity BundleThe Ultimate PRE-ALGEBRA Foldable & Activity BundleThe Ultimate PRE-ALGEBRA & ALGEBRA 1 Foldable BundleThe Ultimate GEOMETRY Foldable Bundle