Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.39 MB | 10 pages
Students explore the intersections between STEM and history in this interdisciplinary research project and fun simulation - an educator's dream! Students research famous Scientific Revolution figures and create actual "science fair" projects presenting their most influential experiments and discoveries using the Scientific Method.
Make it an annual event at your school and ask science teachers and administrators to judge and award the prizes - students and faculty alike love and look forward to this immersive experience! On the day of the Science Fair, students learn from each other as they explain and demonstrate their projects to their peers. The Scientific Revolution comes alive as students gain a deep kinesthetic and visual understanding of foundational experiments, which may otherwise seem like dry words on the textbook page.
This bundle includes:
- detailed project directions
- graphic organizers for students to write their notes from peer presentations
- judging sheets for teachers deciding on prizes
- award certificates for the Science Fair
- an overall student grading rubric.
- All documents are in editable format so you can adjust as needed!
Possible project topics include:
- Nicolaus Copernicus: Heliocentric theory of the universe
- Johannes Kepler - Elliptical planetary orbit
- Galileo Galilei: Law of the pendulum
- Isaac Newton: Law of gravity
- Anton van Leeuwenhoek: Discovery of bacteria
- Evangelista Torricelli: Invention of mercury barometer
- Gabriel Fahrenheit: Invention of mercury thermometer
- William Harvey: Circulation of blood
- Edward Jenner: Invention of vaccines
- Robert Boyle: Law of gases
- Joseph Priestley: Discovery of oxygen
GET FREE TPT CREDITS:
If you use this product, please leave a review! Not only is it helpful for me, you can get feedback credits on future purchases! Simply go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
Become a follower to be the first to hear about flash freebies, discounts, and new products!