This timeline activity gives students the opportunity to create their own timelines and determine where events fall relative to each other. This activity is perfect for interactive notebooks and does not require any handouts or copies.
The events included in this assignment are:
1. Vesalius publishes a book about anatomy based on his observations and study of
the human body
2. Copernicus publishes a book about a sun-centered universe
3. Galileo conducts an experiment from the leaning tower of Pisa that demonstrates
properties of gravity.
4. Galileo uses his telescope to find evidence of a sun-centered universe
5. Kepler uses math to explain that the orbits of planets are ellipses
6. Bacon proposes the scientific method
7. Galileo publishes a book supporting Copernicus’ ideas
8. Leeuwenhoek uses microscope to observe micro-organisms
9. Newton states laws of gravity and motion
1. notebook paper setup sample
2. very detailed and illustrated directions
3. nine key events about the Scientific Revolution
4. an example timeline
5. answer key
Additional Materials Needed
a classroom set of rulers
• Please check the preview to make sure this product is right for you!
• This file is not editable; however, I will consider customizing products per
Consider Following My Store for Timely Updates
You can be the first to know about new product launches, free products and store discounts. Just click the red “Follow Me” star on my homepage.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact me through the contact link.