"Scientific Thinking and Graphing" is a great activity for any math/science class and any grade (9-12 or higher education). It is a great activity to do in the beginning of the school year – IT IS A GREAT ICE BREAKER! There should be little instruction needed prior to this activity and it naturally creates student interaction.
- Students will be able to hold group discussions that will foster creative thinking and the scientific process.
- Students will be able to demonstrate the scientific method from start to finish.
- Students will be able to create graphs based on data collected.
- Students will be able to socially interact with every student in the class through collecting their data.
- Students will analyze and discuss their data with their group to determine whether or not there are relationships between their variables and if they have evidence for or against their hypothesis.
Please see my other product "Scientific Thinking and Graphing: Excel Example" for the Excel example that goes along with this activity.