I am a Scientist! Writing Prompts -
Your students will love imagining themselves as scientists as they explore 12 different jobs in various science fields!
For each of the 12 scientists, I have included a writing prompt to help your students put themselves into the shoes of that person and imagine themselves as a scientist in that field. When they have finished writing, they can color the picture at the top and complete the illustration by adding props and an accurate setting.
Scientists included are:
• marine biologist
• robotic scientist
• wildlife biologist.
Also included are:
• "I am a Scientist!" cover page
• "My Book of Scientists" cover page
• "What kind of scientist...?" writing prompt page
• blank writing prompt page for including additional scientists
• additional writing lines for providing students with more writing space if needed
How do I use these writing prompts?
• Students can create their own book using the “I am a Scientist!” or “My Book of Scientists” cover pages. Each day they put themselves in the shoes of one scientist and imagine working in that field by completing the writing prompts, coloring the picture, and drawing their own background.
• Each student or small group of students can be assigned one scientist to study and write about; they can even present their scientist to the class using their prompt.
• Students can complete the “what kind of scientist…” prompt or drawing and writing about a different type of scientist using the blank prompt page and compile them into a class book.
Please download the preview and view the thumbnails for additional information about this item and to view sample pages. If you have further questions, please visit the "Ask a Question" tab in my TpT store!
Thank you for visiting!
You may also be interested in these writing prompt resources from Miss Martin:
Community Helpers and Careers Writing Prompts
Landforms Writing Prompts
Spring Writing Prompts