Have you always wanted to do a Scientist of the Week program, but weren't sure how it all worked? Look no further! This package will have you up and running with your own Scientist of the Week program in no time. The way it works is that each child in your class takes a turn planning and presenting a science experiment to the class. Once you've got it set up, the program almost runs itself, since it's a home-based parent/child project. This package contains everything you need to plan, organize, introduce, implement and display your Scientist of the Week.
This package contains:
- directions for the teacher
- a letter to parents
- a schedule sheet
- a list of websites containing easy experiments
- a lab report for the scientist to complete at home
- a differentiated booklet for the class to record their learning
- bulletin board sign and clip art for showcasing your Scientist of the Week
This package does not contain science experiments.
I have been using this Scientist of the Week program for many years, and it is always a highlight of the school year for the kids!