This file contains slides for the folk song Scotland's Burning. This song helps introduce low so.
Hardest Rhythmic Concept: ta, ti-ti
Hardest Melodic Concept: s,
Other Melodic Concepts: drm sl
I have included a copy of the song in case it is not one from your folk song collection.
This will help you:
- Prepare, present, and practice "low so"
- Prepare, present, and practice reading re on the staff (lines & spaces)
- Prepare, present, and practice find low so re on the staff (using a do key)
- Practice ta & ti-ti
- Icons for melody with pictures
- Icons for melody with low so as ?
- Music Street with s, drm sl
- Icons for melody with low so
- Icons on the staff (once with low so on the line and once in the space)
- Standard notation on the staff (once with low so on the line and once in the space)
- Interactive game for your students to practice finding mistakes and locating s, drm s
Need a sample of what my song files look like? Here is a short freebie that will give you an idea of my work quality.
Follow me on Facebook for Fan Freebies and Specials
Get more music teaching ideas by reading my blog - Making Music Memories
created by Making Music Memories, Brittany De Laruelle, Brittany Ward