Also included in
- Scott Joplin, the King of Ragtime Composers, has a story that needs to be told. This bundle focuses on three products that teach about his life, his challenges, heartbreaks, triumphs and tragedies. The Scott Joplin resources are:Scott Joplin, The King of Ragtime BiographyScott Joplin, Politics, Ra$16.80$21.00Save $4.20
For classroom, homeschool, and unschool, here's a unit study about the life of Scott Joplin, composer of “The Entertainer” and “The Maple Leaf Rag." Joplin was the King of Ragtime, yet, when he died in 1917 at about age 49, he was nearly forgotten. This History Quick Adventure Pack incorporates cartoon storyboards, fun activities, and worksheets to accommodate a wide range of learning styles. Activities include reading, creative writing, 2 videos with study guides, analysis of primary source newspaper articles, a word search puzzle, and an art project. This PDF printable is in full color but looks great when printed in grayscale, too. Help students gain an appreciation for this important American composer. Answer key and links to additional resources are included.
The Scott Joplin resources are:
- Scott Joplin, The King of Ragtime Biography (this unit)
- Scott Joplin, Politics, Ragtime, and Opera
- Scott Joplin, Memorials, Awards, and Legacy
These three resources are also available in a BUNDLE.
Read more about the book, The Strenuous Life of Scott Joplin at my website here.
More History Quick Resources
- Copyrights, Public Domain, and Fair Use
- What Is Impeachment?
- Samuel Morse: Painter, Photographer, and Inventor
- The Story of the Pipe Organ
- Pony Express Bundle
- How the Daughters of Liberty Used the Spinning Wheel Bundle
Read more about the book The Strenuous Life of Scott Joplin at my website here.
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases: • Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Next to each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺