If you teach Avi's short story "Scout's Honor," you need this set of reading comprehension activities! This story unit for middle school covers plot, setting, character, conflict, theme, figurative language, vocabulary in context, and more!
The following reading activities are part of this resource:
- anticipation guide
- three pages of vocabulary activities
- types of conflict
- RAFT writing, plus a rubric
- characterization activities
- theme graphic organizer and paragraph-writing page
- entrance and exit tickets
- similes analysis activity
- reading comprehension questions
My students love this humorous short story, and these reading comprehension activities will help them sharpen so many skills as they enjoy it.
(Answer keys are included when applicable.)
**Looking for more engaging short story resources?
Find related products here!