1. The following paragraphs can be used to review or to introduce proper paragraph structure.
2. Students can either cut and paste the paper strips or rewrite the entire paragraph to reorganize the sequence.
3. Students can also color code scrambled and unscrambled paragraphs: Topic Sentence (green), Supporting Sentences (yellow), Closing Sentence (red) .
4. The slides can be posted on the class blog for extra support at home or to review before an important assessment date.
5. Scrambled paragraphs also work as a quick reading comprehension assessment when working with students that have special needs.