This activity can be used as an independent activity, a scavenger hunt, or a scoot game.
1. Print the Scrambled School Words Activity cards on card stock and cut them apart along the dotted lines.
2. Make copies of the Scrambled School Words Activity questions worksheet. Each student needs a copy.
3. Place the Scrambled School Words Activity cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
1. Cut out each numbered question card and place one randomly on each student’s desk and/or in other locations around the room.
2. Copy the answer sheet and give one to each student.
3. Each student starts at an assigned spot and answers that question. Be sure students record the response on the answer sheet by the correct space! Everyone cannot start at one!
4. On your command of “Scoot” (or whatever signal you choose) each student moves one seat over in the direction you have chosen for the game. (You may wish to practice moving throughout the route first!)
5. The students continue moving along the route of the game until they have answered every question and have returned to their original spot.