PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Guide your students on their path to becoming excellent expository writers!
Together with Dr. Judith Hochman’s wonderful Writing Revolution System, this product is designed to help students fully understand the purpose and structure of a sentence and develop the ability to compose complex sentences that reflect extended thinking.
This product includes oral examples for teacher modeling as well as in-class and homework activities for introducing the following concepts and goals of lesson 1.2:
Students enjoy rearranging jumbled sequences of words into correctly punctuated and capitalized sentences. At the same time, they’re developing and honing their grasp of the concept of a complete sentence, learning correct word order, and reinforcing their knowledge of the rules of punctuation and capitalization.
- Helps students understand the concept of a complete sentence and discern sentence boundaries
- Helps students understand correct word order
- Provides practice with capitalization, punctuation, and using new spelling and vocabulary words
- Serves as a comprehension check
- Helps students understand the meanings of subjects, predicates, and prepositional phrases
- Encourages careful reading
1. Rearrange jumbled sequences of words into correctly punctuated sentences
2. Write a statement with a capital letter at the beginning and a period at the end
3. Write a question with a capital letter at the beginning and a question mark at the end
4. Write an exclamation with a capital letter at the beginning and an exclamation point at the end
This product is also available at my store as part of a bundle (lessons 1.1-1.5).
Please Note: This product has been designed as a complementary activity to be used along with the full Writing Revolution Hochman Method. Before printing, teachers can choose between two different types of handwriting lines.
Want more products like this one based on a specific unit or theme (seasons, neighborhood, etc.)? Please leave me a comment in the “Q&A” section and I can tailor a product to meet your needs.
All of my products are purposely designed to be simple and "crystal clear" - created without an abundance of distracting borders, images, or fonts so that students can better focus on the learning activity at hand.
Thank you to Hidesy’s Clipart for use of cover page background.