We dive into a lot of programming concepts from a simple beginning project. We include the beginning project file that can be loaded into scratch as well as the complete finished project for reference.
You will have the ability to choose from nine various independent learning activities to customize and create your own cat prints game.
Cat Prints is designed to teach many of the techniques actual game programmers use when building games that have become immensely popular and profitable on platforms such as Facebook and Mobile devices.
So don't dilly-dally: get started with cat prints today and you'll be get a solid foundation that will allow you to create and design your own games.
Programming techniques and principles you’ll learn in this unit:
- Loops, conditionals, variables, geometric angles and progression
- Program structure (setup, main loop, exiting)
- Message sending and receiving (events and event handlers)
- Synchronous vs asynchronous events
- Program decomposition (solving simplest problems)
- DRY (don’t repeat yourself, programming principle)
- Handling timing / speed of execution for different CPU speed with games
- Game design dynamics – adding interaction and increasing difficulty
- Random numbers and random position (with constraints) on the -Cartesian plane
- Using location offsets for positioning and movement in the Cartesian plane
- Adding image effects for transparency
- Multiple differentiated and self-directed project based outcomes