Your students will love this reading, writing, speaking, listening, and hands-on project. Many kids come out of their shell when given the opportunity to act out a favorite story. The lesson gradually releases your students to recount a short story by rewriting it in script form with a group, making a puppet, and then acting out the drama for the class. Teachers will have the option of allowing students to act out the short story without puppet-making. This collaborative project will stimulate creativity in your students and enable them to be proud of their accomplishments while learning about their talents.
This file includes...
* Detailed lesson plan
* Common Core State Standards for grades 2 - 5
* Script writing poster
* Colorful Puppet Making poster
* Mostly black & white Puppet Making poster (same as above)
* Script writing graphic organizer (to help your students get started with script organization)
* 2 pages with lists of character traits (1 easy and 1 with more challenging words)
* Grading Rubric for the finished script and puppet (includes teacher assessment and student self-evaluation)
* 10 Essential Question posters (including 1 blank)
* 6 Reading mini posters (with 2 to a page)
* 4 Drama and Play definition mini posters (with 2 to a page)
* Colorful “Guidelines for Presentations” poster
* black & white "Guidelines for Presentations" poster (same as above)
Common Core State Standards included for grades 2 - 5
PLEASE NOTE: This product is a part of a MULTICULTURAL BUNDLE that includes close reading, graphic organizers for critical thinking, comparing CINDERELLA stories and culture, dramatization, script writing, and more hands-on projects. There are over 7 lessons with several activities for group and individual work. More essential questions and skills are included. Click on the link below to check it out and save $ - 33%.
Cinderella, Culture and the Common Core: A Multicultural Fairytale Unit
HERE ARE THE OTHER 5 RESOURCES INCLUDED IN THE BUNDLE ABOVE
Cultural Research Foldable Project: CCSS Aligned
Comparing Fairy Tales from Around the World, A Literary Adventure: CCSS Aligned
Discover the World Through Culture Scavenger Hunt:CCSS Aligned
Before, During, and After Reading: Analysis and Discussion: CCSS Aligned
Character Analysis for Close Reading: CCSS Aligned
AND MORE ENGAGING RESOURCES BELOW THAT YOU'RE SURE TO LOVE
Biography Informational Text Research and Project
The Mystery Genre: Bundled Unit for Grades 3-5
BAT MATH, BAT ACTIVITIES, BAT PROJECTS for 4th Grade
Also available for 3rd Grade
Vocabulary Aquisition and Synonym Games and Practice
It’s important to me that teachers are completely satisfied with their purchase!
If you have any question or concerns about this product please email me at email@example.com.
You can also go to the Q and A section of my TPT store and leave a message
GREAT NEWS!! TPT now offers schools the ability to purchase resources for you.
Click on the “SCHOOLS” link above on this page (upper right).
EARNING TPT CREDITS
After purchasing and using this product you can earn TpT credits by leaving feedback. I love reading feedback and really appreciate the time you take to let me know how you used this resource with your students and what you loved best. To leave feedback and start earning TpT credits:
1. Go to your “My Purchases" and click on the Provide Feedback link.
2. Let us know how you used this product in your classroom and what you loved best!
Download the preview to see the full list of skills included and some sample pages.
DON’T MISS OUT
If you like this product, please visit Chrysti’s Class
to see more.
All new products are on sale the first 2 days after publishing. To find out about my new products, sales, freebies, and any product updates, click the star green ★ button at the top of my store page or when you download a free resource.