Your students will love this reading, writing, speaking, listening, and hands-on project. Many kids come out of their shell when given the opportunity to act out a favorite story. The lesson gradually releases your students to recount a short story by rewriting it in script form with a group, making a puppet, and then acting out the drama for the class. Teachers will have the option of allowing students to act out the short story without puppet-making. This collaborative project will stimulate creativity in your students and enable them to be proud of their accomplishments while learning about their talents.
This file includes...
* Detailed lesson plan
* Common Core State Standards for grades 2 - 5
* Script writing poster
* Colorful Puppet Making poster
* Mostly black & white Puppet Making poster (same as above)
* Script writing graphic organizer (to help your students get started with script organization)
* 2 pages with lists of character traits (1 easy and 1 with more challenging words)
* Grading Rubric for the finished script and puppet (includes teacher assessment and student self-evaluation)
* 10 Essential Question posters (including 1 blank)
* 6 Reading mini posters (with 2 to a page)
* 4 Drama and Play definition mini posters (with 2 to a page)
* Colorful “Guidelines for Presentations” poster
* black & white "Guidelines for Presentations" poster (same as above)
Common Core State Standards included for grades 2 - 5
PLEASE NOTE: This product is a part of a larger cultural unit that includes close reading, graphic organizers for critical thinking, comparing Cinderella stories and culture, country and culture research, and more hands-on projects. There are over 7 lessons with several activities for group and individual work. More essential questions and skills are included. Click on the link below to check it out and save $.
Cinderella, Culture and the Common Core: A Multicultural Fairytale Unit