A big pack of 6 black and white NO PREP differentiated sea life puzzles with picture clues - great for an ocean project or learning sea animal vocabulary. Fun for EFL/ESL. Includes word search, crossword, missing letters puzzle, word scramble, codebreaker and word path. All puzzles are provided in two versions to allow differentiation in the classroom plus a vocabulary handout for reference. Answer keys are included. Easy to use – just print and go. Handy for fast finishers or substitute lessons.
The words included in the puzzles are: fish, dolphin, whale, shark, seahorse, octopus, crab, seal, jellyfish, turtle, starfish and penguin.
If you are looking for something more challenging, you may prefer Sea Animal Puzzles - Advanced Version
which uses 25 different sea animal words.
1. Picture word search – the easier version has both word and picture clues, the other just the pictures.
2. Picture crossword – crossword with picture clues. One version has the first letter of each word already written in the grid for an extra hint.
3. Word scramble - students must unscramble the letters to make the sea animal words. In version one the letters are given inside the appropriate animal, in the second the words must be matched to the pictures.
4. Missing letters puzzle – version one has missing vowels, the other has alternate letters missing. The student matches the answers to the correct picture.
5. Codebreaker – the easier version gives a full key to the letters, whilst the harder one gives only some of the letters and the student must use this information and the pictures to work out the remaining letters. The completed words are matched to the pictures.
6. Word paths – students draw a path through the letter grid to spell the sea animal words. Version one has arrows to indicate the start and end of each word.
7. Vocabulary handout
Please look at the thumbnails before purchasing to ensure that this resource meets your needs.
If you like this, you might also be interested in Sea Animal ‘I have... Who has?’ Game Cards
I create all the artwork used in my resources. The Sea Animal Clip Art
used here is available to buy for personal or commercial educational purposes.
I would love to hear about your experience with Sea Animal Puzzles in the classroom so please fill in the feedback form on your ‘My Purchases’ page – and earn points towards your next purchase too!
More fun puzzles, games and clip art will be uploaded soon to Leebling. To be notified of new resources, please click on the star to follow my store.