A pack of 6 black and white NO PREP sea creature puzzles with picture clues - great for a ocean project or learning sea life vocabulary. Includes word search, crossword, missing letters puzzle, word scrambles, mini acrostics and codebreakers. All puzzles are provided in two versions to allow differentiation in the classroom plus a vocabulary handout for reference. Answer keys are included. Easy to use – just print and go.
The 25 animals included in the puzzles are: octopus, crab, clam, fish, seal, shark, lobster, penguin, dolphin, starfish, whale, jellyfish, sea otter, eel, turtle, seahorse, squid, ray, coral, orca, hermit crab, shrimp, seagull, walrus and pelican. Individual puzzles use a selection of the animals listed.
If these puzzles are too difficult for your students, you may be interested in Sea Animal Puzzles
, which uses the same 12 sea animal words in every puzzle.
1. Picture word search – the easier version has both word and picture clues, the harder one just has the pictures.
2. Alphabet picture crossword – unlike an ordinary crossword, the clues are not numbered but each picture clue starts with a different letter of the alphabet which is given in the crossword grid. In the easier version, the clues are given with their starting letters, but for the harder one the student must match the picture clues to their starting letters.
3. Word scramble – version one uses only words with 3-5 letters and the letters are given within the corresponding image. Version two has longer words and the student must match the words to the correct pictures.
4. Missing letters puzzle – version one has missing vowels, the other has alternate letters missing. The student matches the answers to the correct picture.
5. Codebreaker – the easier version gives a full key to the letters, whilst the harder one gives only some of the letters and the student must use this information and the pictures to work out the remaining letters.
6. Mini acrostics with hidden words – two acrostics with picture clues. The students fill in the words across the page to reveal two hidden sea animal words written down the page. The easier version has the first letter of each answer already written in.
7. Vocabulary handout
Please look at the thumbnails before purchasing to ensure that this resource meets your needs.
If you like this, you might also be interested in Sea Animal ‘I have... Who has?’ Game Cards
I create all the artwork used in my resources. The Sea Animal Clip Art
used here is available to buy for personal or commercial educational purposes.
I would love to hear about your experience with the Sea Animals Puzzles in the classroom so please fill in the feedback form on your ‘My Purchases’ page – and earn points towards your next purchase too!
More fun puzzles, games and clipart will be uploaded soon to Leebling. To be notified of new resources, please click on the star to follow my store.