A pack of 5 black and white NO PREP puzzles with picture clues - great for a sea life project or learning sea creature vocabulary. Includes word search, crossword, missing letters puzzle, word scrambles and codebreakers. All puzzles are provided in two versions to allow differentiation in the classroom plus a vocabulary handout for reference. Answer keys are included. Easy to use – just print and go.
The animals included in the puzzles are: octopus, crab, clam, fish, seal, shark, lobster, penguin, dolphin, starfish, whale, jellyfish, sea otter, eel, turtle, seahorse, squid, ray, coral, orca, hermit crab, shrimp, seagull, walrus and pelican. Individual puzzles use a selection of the animals listed.
1. Picture word search – the easier version has both word and picture clues, the harder one just has the pictures.
2. Alphabet picture crossword – unlike an ordinary crossword, the clues are not numbered but each picture clue starts with a different letter of the alphabet which is given in the crossword grid. In the easier version, the clues are given with their starting letters, but for the harder one the student must match the picture clues to their starting letters.
3. Word scramble – version one uses only words with 3-5 letters and the letters are given within the corresponding image. Version two has longer words and the student must match the words to the correct pictures.
4. Missing letters puzzle – version one has missing vowels, the other has alternate letters missing. The student matches the answers to the correct picture.
5. Codebreaker – the easier version gives a full key to the letters, whilst the harder one gives only some of the letters and the student must use this information and the pictures to work out the remaining letters.
6. Vocabulary handout.
Please look at the thumbnails before purchasing to ensure that this resource meets your needs.
If you like this, you might also be interested in my Sea Animals 'I have.... Who has?' Game.
I would love to hear about your experience with the Sea Animals Puzzles in the classroom so please fill in the feedback form on your ‘My Purchases’ page – and earn points towards your next purchase too!
More fun puzzles and games will be uploaded soon to Happy Cat. To be notified of new resources, please click on the green star to follow my store.