Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
For some reason, sea floor spreading was particularly challenging the first time I taught it. Since then, I found this lesson to be particularly helpful. The lesson consists of a PowerPoint, a plethora of short animated videos, a reading comprehension worksheet, modeling activity and video guide!
It's informational and caters to all audio, visual and kinesthetic learners!
It covers the following topics:
1) Types of Plate Boundaries
2) What is Sea Floor Spreading
3) The types of Sea Floor Spreading
4) Evidence for Sea Floor Spreading (molten rock, drilling samples, magnetic strips)
5) Subduction at Deep Ocean Trenches
6) Process of Sea Floor Spreading
7) Subduction at the Atlantic Ocean and Pacific Ocean