Sea Quotes BUNDLE – Inspirational Quote Posters, Writing Prompts, and Graphic Organizers
Please see the preview.
Put on some wave sounds and get ready. The sea has often spoken to mankind, beckoning. These quotes help students connect language arts, social studies and character education in one activity. Originally made to support Journeys’ grade 3 story “Dog of the Sea Waves,” these quotes would be a delightful addition to a unit on oceans, explorers or land forms.
Sea Quotes included in this BUNDLE
• One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.
• On life's vast ocean diversely we sail. Reasons the card, but passion the gale.
• No man is an island.
John Donne English poet in 1624 work
Each prompt includes:
1. Grayscale poster
2. Print friendly version (perfect for reduced sized in Interactive Note Books)
3. Prewrite graphic organizer
4. Organizer with sentence level cues
5. Large prompt with paragraph cues
6. Quote with writing space
7. Quote with illustration space
8. Extra writing paper
1. Class Discussion - Place the full page poster on chart paper and conduct a class discussion prior to writing.
2. Post-it Ideas - Use 3 colors of post-it notes for students interacting with the three questions found in the graphic organizer.
3. Large Poster - Later, I usually choose 3-4 of the post-its in each category to make a whole-class poster, including the student’s name who suggested the idea. This makes a nice centerpiece on a bulletin board for their final writing.
4. Writing About Character Quotes - Three levels of difficulty are included – 1. With graphic organizer and sentence frame support. 2. With graphic organizer, but without supports. 3. No supports and room to illustrate a personal connection.
5. Mini Posters - Print the poster size multiple times on one page. The small posters are great for interactive notebooks. Students make a web of ideas coming from the mini-poster; use it for the rough draft; or have students make their own ways to interact with the quote.
6/28/17 Fixed minor typos (be/by etc.); fixed lines that fell off page when saved as pdf
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
Dog of the Sea Waves BUNDLE
• Dog of the Sea Waves Vocabulary Foldables, Matching Quizzes, and Word Wall
• Dog of the Sea Waves Quizzes
• Dog of the Sea Waves Roll Read Graph Word Work
• Dog of the Sea Waves Writing
• Dog of the Sea Waves SUPER BUNDLE
which includes all of the bundle plus the Sea Quote Bundle:
Inspirational Sea Quotes Bundle
• Sea Quotes No Man Is an Island
• Sea Quotes Lose Sight of Shore
• Sea Quotes Diversely We Sail
Many thanks to these creative talents:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mad-Clips-Factory http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Super-Power http://www.talesfromoutsidetheclassroom.com/ (Tessa McGuire)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Krista-Wallden (creative clips)
http://openclipart.org/; http://frompond.blogspot.com/; http://www.raggedyscrappin.com/
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.