This Project was a simple intermediate projects between bigger art projects.
The Theme of the Semester was "Under the Sea"
Its a Simple project built to generate the transition from 2-D to 3-D projects using tissue paper.
Opening lecture touched basic points
1. Under Sea Story ( Your Choice) - I used the story of Jonah and the Big Fish
2. Children's experience with the Ocean, Seas, Lakes, etc.
3. Discussion on Animals of the Sea; Choosing 5-6 to focus discussion.
1. Fish Shaped Templates ( enough for entire classroom)
2. Colored Pencils
3. 8 x 10 Sheets of Construction Paper
4. Glue Sticks
5. Tissue Paper Assortment in 4x4 inch Squares ( can be adjusted)
6. Google Eyes
7. Self- Adhesive Jewels and Pearls
1. Opening Lecture and Demonstration
- Teacher Shows pre-finished project so students have visual reference
- Teacher shows students how to tear tissue paper an roll it up into small balls
2. Each Student receives Fish Templates. ( Templates based on the 4-5 focus fish of the Opening lecture)
3. Students Use Templates to draw underwater World on 8 x 10 Construction Paper
Teacher checks all student drawings before allowing the following steps to proceed. These following Steps will continue for roughly 3-4 class sessions
4. Student Chooses tissue paper color sheets ( 5-8 sheets at a time)
5. Student gets glue stick
6. Students hand tear tissue sheets into 4 pieces and roll each piece in there hands to create tiny 3-d fluffy peas
7. Students glue small tissue balls onto construction paper until the whole sheet is filled with color.
Once whole sheet is filled with tissue paper
8. Students are given Google Eyes and 5-10 self-adhesive pearls and jewels to decorate their fish designs ( Glitter Glue can also be used)
When sheet is full, student has created a 3- D Sea Scape based on the original Opening lecture Focus Fish.
Tissue Paper Sea Scapes
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License