Also included in
- Distance Learning Packets- Students love reading passages about animals. This is a collection of nonfiction passages on animals along with comprehension questions. Purchasing them together here you will save 20%, These passages have scientific information about animals in high-interest passages. S$41.40$51.75Save $10.35
- 5th Grade Utah SEEd Bundle: This is a year's worth of lessons and units that address all of the Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Save 20% by purchasing together! You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? These units use ph$108.48$135.60Save $27.12
- Fourth Grade Utah SEEd Bundle This resource bundles all my 4th-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? This huge bundle includes a year’s worth of r$104.48$129.85Save $25.37
- Utah SEEd Third-grade Bundle This resource bundles all my 3rd-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? It also includes resources that address Utah Cor$116.12$145.15Save $29.03
- Do you want your kids to practice reading informational text? Students love these high-interest reading passages on animals. This bundle combines my best-selling reading passages with comprehension questions on animals and provides them for you with a 20% discount. Includes:EaglesHummingbirdsSea Tur$25.34$35.45Save $10.11
- This third-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for third-grade NGSS,as well as third-grade resources for reading informational text. Save 20% by purchasing this huge bundle. Teachers and school districts will love this third-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers,$145.20$180.75Save $35.55
- This fourth-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for 4th-grade NGSS as well as fourth-grade resources for reading informational text. Teachers and school districts will love this fourth-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers, nonfiction articles, and more. This Bund$145.96$180.70Save $34.74
- This NGSS 5th-grade bundle covers the entire year of NGSS standards for fifth grade. This bundle also includes reading informational text units with a science theme. Purchase in the bundle and save 20%. You will love this great bundle for fifth-grade science. Get NGSS Resources from someone who unde$131.40$164.25Save $32.85
Students will practice their reading informational text skills while they learn about sea turtles and sea turtle conservation.
Students will love learning all about sea turtles! Students will learn about the sea turtle life cycle, sea turtle behavior, and sea turtle nesting. Sea turtles are so interesting and most species are endangered. This is great for environmental reading. The science information on sea turtles is rich so students can practice reading skills such as making inferences and looking at text features.
This resource includes:
- Five pages of informational text
- three response pages with text-dependent comprehension questions
- interactive notebook inserts
- a writing page
This resource is designed to be used as a reading comprehension passage with questions using a CLOSE reading strategy.
This resource is great for when a teacher needs a quick no-prep lesson that is of high interest. Works well as sub plans.
While this unit does not completely cover the NGSS standards, It touches on and addresses concepts in the following standards:
NGSS 3-LS2-1. Construct an argument that some animals form groups that help members survive
NGSS 3-LS1-1. Develop models to describe that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
NGSS 3-LS4-2. Use evidence to construct an explanation for how the variations in characteristics among individuals of the same species may provide advantages in surviving, finding mates, and reproducing
NGSS 4-LS1-1. Construct an argument that plants and animals have internal and external structures that function to support survival, growth, behavior, and reproduction.
NGSS 4-LS1-2. Use a model to describe that animals receive different types of information through their senses, process the information in their brain, and respond to the information in different ways.
This resource is also aligned with the science standards for Utah's third grade.
Utah SEEd 3.2.1 Develop models to describe patterns of change that organisms go through during their life cycles. Emphasize that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles, but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
Science Concepts Include:
Life Cycle of Sea Turtles
Sea Turtle Behavior
Predators and Prey
If you are looking for reading comprehension passages for ecology, environmental awareness, conservation, endangered animals, or Earth Day, then this is a great resource for your students! Students will learn about current conservation efforts to protect sea turtles.
By Lynda R. Williams
If you have questions about my resources please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Students love my reading comprehension passages and questions! See my other resources!