This packet contains 15 worksheets spanning several disciplines and subjects including social studies, science, physical education, and reading. This set will work well in either a language arts or library instruction setting. All assignments will align easily with the Common Core research standards, if this is a necessity. Students are asked to utilize reputable websites or a good online encyclopedia to find information to complete each task with fun and engaging topics!
Assignments are available in different formats: multiple choice, matching, short answer, and short essay. In some cases, extension assignments are also available, which might provide excellent springboards into large-scale research projects and presentations. I hope these are helpful!
Additionally, there are two assignments in this packet – Keyword Keepers and Subject Searches – that introduce students to the challenging world of Internet research. If your students are inexperienced online searchers, consider starting them on these two assignments.
This packet includes the following assignments:
(1) Keyword Keepers
(2) Subject Searches
(3) Great Minds
(4) Landforms and Bodies of Water
(7) Fairy Tales
(8) Female Inventors
(9) Landmarks and Monuments
(10) Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
(11) Legendary Places
(12) Exotic Animals
(13) Winter Sports
(15) Mythical Creatures
**Answer keys are provided for every worksheet. However, keep in mind that answers will vary on some assignments.
Would you like to try four of these worksheets before you buy? Download the free sampler packet available here:
Search & Research FREE Sampler Packet
If you like this packet, please consider the following educational resources available in my store:
1. 25 Prompts for Narrative and Descriptive Writing - Common Core-aligned
2. Twitter Tales: Writing Haiku, Micropoems & Short Fiction in 140 Characters
3. Lifesavers: Last-Minute Language Arts Lesson Plan Worksheets for Grades 5-8
4. 27 Websites for Locating Primary Sources
5. 25 Interactive Web Sites for Virtual Field Trips
6. 50+ Links to FREE Informational Texts for Middle & High School Grades
7. Evaluating Sources for Credibility Lesson Plan + PowerPoint + Student Activities
8. Five Senses Activity Use Starlight Mints to Teach Powerful Adjectives
9. Understanding Plagiarism: Lesson Plan + PowerPoint + Student Activities
10. Action Verbs: A Review Assignment with Eight Activities for the Middle Grades
Search & Research
by Christopher Mitchell
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License