This is a FUN way to practice producing speech sounds in words and simple sentences.
GREAT for kids who benefit from sensory input during activities!!!
- Cut out and laminate the gold coins.
- Fill a bowl or box with sand, seeds, rice, popcorn kernels, or any other material that will sufficiently cover the gold coins (I frequently use a mixture of rice, seeds, and popcorn kernels).
- Mix the gold coins into the sand (or other material you have chosen to use).
For single-player or multi-player use:
- Have students take turns “digging” for the buried treasure.
- After finding a gold coin, students can place the coin on the designated area in the sentence strip (“I found ____ ”), say their sentence using their target sound, and then place the coin into their “treasure chest.” For students working on sound production in single words, remove the sentence strip and
just have the student say the word on the coin before adding to their “treasure chest.”