UPDATED 2016 EDITION Additional 9 pages
Enjoy plotting ordered pairs and gain fluency with the coordinate plane in this fun activity. Find Leprechaun Larry’s Pot o’ Gold at the end of the rainbow! Great for centers and cooperative learning!
New coordinate plane drawing activity (double shamrocks)
4 secret messages on the coordinate plane to decode from Larry the Leprechaun
2 on the 1-quadrant plane
2 on the 4-quadrant plane
Advanced activity with the distance formula
Plus the original lesson
• Directions, CC standards
• Activity Sheets
-2 “Warm-Up” activities;
• 1 quadrant 2 versions. One with points one customizable.
• 4 quadrants 2 versions. One with points and one customizable.
-4 activity sheets; 1 and 4 quadrant each
• First activity – In “Create a Path to the Leprechaun’s Gold” students create a path to the pot o’ gold.
• Second activity – In “Follow the Path to the Leprechaun’s Gold” students self-check their work by marking their coordinate pairs on a blank sheet and trading with a friend to follow each others path.
• Optional Cut and Paste Icons
• Extra Blank Coordinate Grids
Grade Level: 6-8 Middle School
CC Standards: 6 GA 3, 6 NSC 6b & c, 7 RPA 2d
Three/four 40 minute periods