There is a festival somewhere in the world. Celebrate!
What is included:
• 6 slides with colorful illustrations. Arranged by seasons and are formatted for your document camera or smartboard.
• Each slide has 8 dates and events grouped by Fall and Winter - Spring and
Summer seasons. The statements are written in a cloze format.
• Question and Response cue cards for interactive conversation.
• First and Second year lessons with expansion activity suggestions
• Advanced Spanish lesson suggestions.
• List of cultural, ethnic and religious observances as represented on the slides.
• Includes National, International and Weird yearly events. (Disclaimer: These activities represent an enormous quantity of events however, it is not possible to include every event and race on the planet. The focus will remain primarily North America and Latin America. Buyers will be notified of periodic additions and updates).
Essential Skills to be learned:
-Accurate calendar date format
-Celebrations and event vocabulary
Essential Skills for Review:
-Numbers 0 – 31
-Noun Gender; Masculine V.S. Feminine
How do you use images for conversation?
- Display as a powerpoint. Display the images on a document camera or
- Print and distribute for seat work.
- Laminate the images for durability. Distribute one card (or a set) for paired or
- Cut into strips after you have laminated and distribute to each student.
Why use images? Images are a flexible tool so the teacher can designate the topic, conversation or quantity of words that may be needed in daily lessons. Images can also be used to introduce or reinforce your unit and your students will be inspired to learn and internalize words and expressions that are important to them in their discussions.
Instead of the transference generally associated with showing a word in one language and then translating it into the second language, avoid the transference by using images to stimulate word association and conversation. The brain is an amazing tool and can use images to help commit vocabulary to memory. Temple Grandin referred to it as “thinking in pictures”. What an enjoyable way to produce communication.
Although the "Seasonal Celebrations and Events Set 2" is a stand-alone activity, as a reference tool, you may prefer to supplement with Maestra Mapache Creations Calendar and Seasons Vocabulary Reference as it was designed to provide a foundation for the majority of common vocabulary that students will encounter throughout the course of any related unit. Maestra Mapache Creations has coordinated these collections of vocabulary, dialogues, worksheets and images to be your versatile tool for both verbal and written activities. Put your valuable time back in your hands.
Thank you for visiting my store!
Please see my other related resources below:
Calendar and Seasons Bilingual Vocabulary
Calendar and Events Practice Worksheet
Calendar Date Format Practice
Seasonal Diamond Poem Projects
Valentine and Friendship Card Project