There is a festival somewhere in the world. Celebrate savings with this amazing bundle and an opportunity to enjoy world events throughout the year.
What is included:
• 18 slides with colorful illustrations. Includes individual sets 1, 2 and 3. Arranged by seasons and are formatted for your document camera or smartboard.
• Each slide has 8 dates and events grouped by Fall and Winter - Spring and
Summer seasons. The statements are written in a cloze format.
• Question and Response cue cards for interactive conversation.
• First and Second year lessons with expansion activity suggestions
• Advanced Spanish lesson suggestions.
• List of cultural, ethnic and religious observances that are represented on the
• Includes National, International and Weird yearly events. (Disclaimer: These activities represent an enormous quantity of events and events will be regularly added. The focus will remain primarily North America and Latin America. Buyers will be notified of periodic additions and updates).
Essential Skills to be practiced:
-Accurate calendar date format
-Celebrations and event vocabulary
Why use images? Images are a flexible tool so the teacher can designate the topic, conversation or quantity of words that may be needed in daily lessons. Images can also be used to introduce or reinforce your unit and your students will be inspired to learn and internalize words and expressions that are important to them in their discussions.
Instead of the transference generally associated with showing a word in one language and then translating it into the second language, avoid the transference by using images to stimulate word association and conversation. The brain is an amazing tool and can use images to help commit vocabulary to memory. Temple Grandin referred to it as “thinking in pictures”. What an enjoyable way to produce communication.
How do you use images for conversation?
- Display the images as a powerpoint on a document camera or smartboard.
- Print multiple sets and distribute for seat work.
- Laminate the images for durability. Distribute one card (or a set) for paired or
- Cut into strips after you have laminated and distribute to each student.
Although the "Seasonal Celebrations and Events Sets 1-3 Bundle" can be used as a stand-alone activity, as a reference tool, you may prefer to supplement with Maestra Mapache Creations Calendar and Celebrations Vocabulary as this thematic reference is designed to provide a foundation for the majority of common vocabulary that students will encounter throughout the course of any related unit. Maestra Mapache Creations has coordinated these collections of vocabulary, dialogues, worksheets and images to be your versatile tool for both verbal and written activities. Put your valuable time back in your hands.
Celebrate good times come on! With this product as well as all of Maestra Mapache Creations activities, you are receiving a multi-use product that will give you opportunity to reuse in new ways again and again. Thank you for visiting my store!
Please see my other related resources below:
Calendar and Seasons Bilingual Vocabulary
Calendar and Events Practice Worksheet
Calendar Date Format Practice
Seasonal Diamond Poem Projects
Valentine and Friendship Card Project