If you are having difficulties inserting culture into your course because of standardized requirements, a Cultural or Seasonal Vocabulary Project can be themed to any topic of your choice such as celebrations and events, seasons or your other thematic topics such as travel or food. These projects can be a handy resource that provide extra written practice for your students.
Let’s get students excited about learning language! Students will get lively as they explore and discover words that are common to the seasons and events of the calendar year and they will want to share their most important traditions with you and the class. Dress up your classroom and hallways with student created art!
The card-making projects come with simple instructions for "Winter" and "Spring" Celebrations and other seasonal events. Students can modify the expressions as "get well" messages, friendship messages as well as holidays messages. Your students can send a little cheer to their classmates, friends, family or be designed as a leadership community service project for a retirement community. Get creative and spread “positive high-five” messages to anyone in town!
These projects include (.PDF files):
• Diamond Poem Project (Language learner levels 1 and 2)
• Sample Diamond Poem
• Two versions of a Name Poem Project
• Sample Name Poem
• Student instructions (formatted for the document camera or smartboard)
• Teacher instructions and procedures
• Daily lesson suggestions for seasonal activities throughout the year
• Teacher resources
• 150+ bilingual messages; Greetings, Body and Closings (all language learner levels, Immersion and Heritage speaker) (Formal and informal forms of address)
• 5 pages (150+ expressions) bilingual messages; Greetings, Body and Closings (all language learner levels, Immersion and Heritage speaker)
• Teacher lesson suggestion options
• Suggested instructions and adaptations
• Section for adaptation for younger students or various cultures (formatted for document camera or smartboard)
• Student Instructions
• Student Instructions (formatted for document camera or smartboard)
• Scoring scale
Utilize these pages as teacher directed, cultural projects, in-class activities and homework assignments. With this product as well as all of Maestra Mapache's activities, you are receiving a multi-use product that will give you opportunity to reuse in new ways again and again. Thank you so much for visiting my store!